Energy Skills Queensland is a not-for-profit industry association serving and working in partnership with Queensland’s electrotechnology, electricity generation and supply, gas supply and new emerging technologies within the energy sector.
As the conduit between Government, training organisations and industry, Energy Skills Queensland identifies, informs and influences policy development and funding bodies to ensure that industry is well informed of the benefits of Vocational Education and Training (VET) and specialist training.
Energy Skills Queensland is a VET Industry Advisory Organisation (VETIAO) for the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) for the provision of industry intelligence related to electrotechnology, utilities, CSG/LNG and ICT. Working closely with government and industry on a range of workforce development skills matters, and provide industry intelligence on workforce development strategies and training advice to government, including:
- Consultation with industry to assess the effectiveness and sustainability of the current Annual VET Investments Plan’s program outcomes for industry
- Identity and validate immediate training and skills priorities for industry and the related training packages
- Support implantation of the quality framework
- Enable established industry networks
- Provide advice from industry on VET related activity, programs and opportunities to the Department and to industry